Billing a ITP and FA on the same day

Can one provider bill a Individual Treatment Plan and another provider bill Functional Assessment on the same day?

Coping DL or ID cards

Tanya Milner 7 years ago in Billing/Electronic Modules updated 7 years ago 7

I have been told that we need to copy a clients DL along with Insurance card when they come in as new clients. I have a client who has refused and doesn't want her DL copied. Is there something that I can show her in writing that we are required to get this. She called BCBS and was told she does not need to provide this to us. I need to get back to her on this, any thoughts or suggestions?

Slow Servers - Time & Billing Modules

Kali 7 years ago in Time Module updated by Jana 7 years ago 1

Is anyone out there experiencing this?

tracking & documenting case consult attendance

Kim Ross 7 years ago in Appointments Module updated by sarah 7 years ago 1

Is anyone using Procentive to track & document staff attendance at case consults? We are looking at creating and using a non-billable code and a case consult Procentive document so staff can log easily log their attendance by doing a time add like when they have client appointment. It would be helpful to know what others have discovered so I can avoid all the trial and error! :) Thanks in advance. 

New Year - Verifying Insurance

Kaia Ellis 7 years ago in Clients Module updated 7 years ago 10

We are looking for tips and ideas for making our processes more efficient with regard to verifying client insurance and updating their benefit information as of the first of the year.  We are running into a seemingly never-ending abyss of stacks of paperwork that need verifying, and we have more clients than last year, which has us a bit worried about the upcoming task at hand.  With long wait times for calling to check benefits, updating information in a timely manner is nearly impossible.  We are thinking about adding temporary staff, thinking about efficient ways to use and train them - AND we would be interested in any procentive ideas that may be helpful, or any workflow ideas and processes that work well for you to keep this moving along and as efficient as possible.  Thanks! 

Fixed

KNOWN ISSUE: Claims Sent to BCBS MN (ID SB720) are Rejected

Ashley M 7 years ago in Known Issues updated 7 years ago 3

We have been made aware that all claims sent to BCBS of MN (ID SB720) are returning with rejections, as seen in the Electronic Module with a status of "Has Rejections". The rejection message reported on the batch report is as follows:

Category: Acknowledgement/Rejected for relational field in error. Status: Submitter not approved for electronic claim submissions on behalf of this entity. Entity: Submitter.

This is currently being researched with the clearinghouse as the issue seems to span all agencies. When more information is available we will post it here for you.

At this time, please do not resend claims; we will let you know if this changes. 

Thank you!

Answer
Ashley M 7 years ago

All Clear!

It is now okay to submit claims to BCBS of MN (ID SB720). Please do not resubmit rejected claims; BCBS will be reprocessing them and you will receive an updated report in the Electronic Module.
Per the clearinghouse:
Erroneous rejections were sent by BCBSMN from 9/11 8am & 9/12 1pm for claims submitted. BCBSMN will reprocess impacted claims, please do not resubmit. Providers will need to disregard the original 277CA (batch report) & look for second 277CA (batch report) as a final response.
Fixed

KNOWN ISSUE: MN MA (DHS) Eligibility

Ashley M 7 years ago in Known Issues updated 7 years ago 1

PER DHS:

I have reported a Connection Time Out error being returned for our Real Time application starting before 10 am CDT today.  Our Operations team is looking in to cause and a resolution.  No ETA at this time.

Eligibility though DHS is coming back with a Connection Time Out error for most users and DHS is working on a resolution

Please watch this post for updates as they become available!

Answer
Ashley M 7 years ago

This is resolved.

BCBS Rejected claims

Deb Fitz 7 years ago in Billing/Electronic Modules updated by Pat Stream 7 years ago 4

All of our  BCBS electronic billing files rejected with the error "Submitter not approved for electronic claim submissions on behalf of this entity
 Entity: Submitter"  Anyone else experiencing this?

Answer
Pat Stream 7 years ago

Good morning!  

Our Support Team has opened a case with the clearing house about this issue and they're currently waiting for a response. I will post a reply here once we know the issue and resolution.

New SCHA (MMSI) Requirement

Ashley M 7 years ago in Known Issues 0

We have been informed today by the clearinghouse that beginning with DOS 8/1/17, all claims for South Country Health Alliance sent an NPI number must also include the corresponding taxonomy code on the claims.

This means anywhere on your claim that there is an NPI (billing NPI, provider NPI) the corresponding taxonomy must also be sent.

Unfortunately, this is the first SHCA has notified the clearinghouse of the change and the clearinghouse suspects that there have already been denials for claims with DOS 8/1/17 and

forward. 

Please review this Knowledge Hub article to ensure your SCHA payer is setup correctly!

Billing Insurance vs Private Pay

Rochelle Garcia 7 years ago in Accounting/Collections Modules updated by sarah 6 years ago 15

Hello,

Just a general question here...I would like to get advice or know what do other clinics do when a new client with insurance requests that we not submit claims to insurance and would just rather pay out of pocket.  As providers, if we know there is insurance should we submit to insurance or just allow the client to pay out of pocket? Does anyone have self pay policies they would be willing to share?