+8

Validation of claims prior to sending to MN-ITS MA to eliminate errors.

Jonathan Beulke vor 6 Jahren in Billing/Electronic Modules aktualisiert von Valerie McNamara vor 5 Jahren 3

When billing through MN-ITS, there's a very handy feature that pretty much guarantees no sent claims will be denied.  If I bill in MN-ITS, before sending the claim, I have the option to "Validate" each claim to ensure there are no errors.  If after validating a claim finds an error, I immediately get notified of the error code, so I can fix, re-validate, and resend when no errors are found.

This has been extremely helpful to ensure predictable cash-flow when billing, and completely eliminates the possibility of errors when sending in claims.

Is it possible for something like this to be implemented in Procentive?

+2

A few weeks ago at the ARRM Financial Conference a representative from MN-ITS was present talking about some recent changes for HCBS providers. She stated that there absolutely is an API built in MN-ITS that takes advantage of the "Validate" feature that is available to outside systems. There was also another billing system vendor at the conference who agreed and stated that they were taking advantage of the API in their solution. 

We would also love to have this feature available to us!

That's encouraging to hear that it's available to be utilized outside MN-ITS!  I was really hoping it was not "exclusive" to be used only within MN-ITS itself. Hopefully this can be implemented in Procentive. It would save so much time and potential frustration. 

We were also looking for something on this level.  I had actually talked to a tech support individual and they had told me that Procentive had stated doing some testing of this functionality of this a ways back (I cannot remember the specifics at this time).  I did send in a Ticket asking for the functionality as well.   When I spoke to the support individual he made it sound like it would not be as instant as it is on the MN-ITS website, but would be more delayed.  He lead me to believe that this is a function that Procentive could implement in the future.