Answered

Automated Reminders

Jami 6 year бұрын в Appointments Module updated by Alicia Swanson 6 year бұрын 15

It has been brought to my attention by several patients over the past couple of days, that they are not receiving the automated reminders from Procentive. In appointments I see the yellow check mark, that indicates the reminder is being sent out. This glitch has resulted in several no-shows and a surplus of work for staff, who are having to manually notify patients of their appointments. Is anyone else having this issue?

Answer

Answer
Answered

FIXED UPDATE: Appointment Reminder Notifications are fixed!

The ProCare Team knows this feature is critical to your agency’s operations and to resolve this we have moved this function to another server to prevent this from happening again.  During the transition, reminders were send intermittently and now with the transition complete they are consistently being sent.  If you have further questions please send Procentive a support ticket, we are happy to serve you. 

Thank you to the staff who submitted tickets with specific examples allowing us to locate and resolve this issue.  

The ProCare Team

I'm not sure about clients who are scheduled, but we've had a plethora of clients who have received reminders for appointments they'd already cancelled well in advance. I opened a ticket with Procentive and they have alerted management and have indicated they are looking into it. I'm guessing this may be connected to the issue you're having. I'll have our front desk staff inquire about whether clients with appointments are receiving reminders.

We also sent a ticket as clients are getting reminders when they cx appts.  We also have had scheduled appts, and then they didn't show up on the schedule.

we also have this ticket in regarding appointment reminders going to clients with canceled appts

+1

We, too, are experiencing the same issue as Jodi where cancelled clients are receiving notifications.  A ticket was sent to Procentive yesterday, with no response yet. I'm hopeful there will be a resolution to this issue quickly as it's causing not only additional work for providers but also loss of revenue. 

Hello everyone,

We are aware that automated appointment and workflow reminders are currently experiencing issues. We have all our available resources working on resolving this as quickly as possible.  We will update the post we just created once we have more information.

Thank you for your patience.

ProCare Team

Good afternoon,

We were able to get the issue resolved, it will take a few hours but appointment reminders and workflow should begin working normally very soon. 

Thank you for your patience as we worked through this issue! 

ProCare Team

+1

Thank you, Caleb! What was the underlying cause? How will this be prevented in the future? This issue has cost our company a significant amount of resources.

Hi Jami,

The issue was caused by some code that was introduced to the system as part of our ongoing updating and testing for meaningful use. This should not be something that happens frequently but unfortunately this bug slipped in. The great news is that because of meaningful use testing we are going to ensure that Procentive stays meaningful use certified and is an excellent product suited to meet our client's variety of needs. 

We do apologize for the inconvenience this caused today and appreciate your concern. If you do want to talk about it more in depth you can feel free to email me at caleb.zimmermann@procentive.com

Thanks! 

Caleb

+2

Thank you for the update! I appreciate your offer to communicate via email with me, however, I feel the questions that follow are questions others may have, as well.

What measures will Procentive be taking in the future to ensure a bug of this nature is not missed? I am concerned that the company did not realize there was an issue in the first place. How long has this bug been in your system? Curious as to when our patients stopped or started receiving erroneous reminders. It is imperative that my company's customer service skills are held to a high standard and we have decided it is best practice to follow up with every individual who this issue impacted. Please provide me with a start date of this system bug. 

When Procentive does not work the way it is supposed to it impacts our revenue and resources in a significant manner, which is unacceptable. Above all, it prevents our patients from receiving services that are vital to their wellbeing. It is heartbreaking to know they missed a much needed appointment due to Procentive and we are unable to accommodate the quantity of people this happened to in one week.

We suggest to our clients to not rely on electronic reminders.  We strongly suggest that they put appointments in their personal planner, calendar on their phone, etc.  Unfortunately, still in this day in age, electronics systems fail.  I think best practice is helping your clients be responsible and accountable for the appointments that they are connected to.

+1

As do we, Paula. For you to insinuate we are not using best practice with our patients due us relying on a product we pay a significant amount of money for is absurd.

Caleb-I look forward to your response.

I've just learned from staff that appointment reminders are seemingly still not stable.  Some clients with appts tomorrow got their 2-day prior reminder, others did not.  Checked their settings and all should have gotten them.  Please let me know if I should submit a ticket with specifics to be able to troubleshoot this.  Or let me know if there are still lingering issues.

Under review

Good afternoon.  Thank you for the continued comments on this post. 

Our teams are still focused on working out all the issues related to Appointment Reminders.  Until then, you will most likely experience symptoms of the feature not working as you would expect.  Nevertheless, we are actively working on getting this feature back to a stable position.  I want to bring more clarity to the actual causes of this problem and I want to wait until we have identified and tested the solutions.  For now I can share that there is not a single cause as we work with another vendor who sends the text messages.  The ProCare team understands the disruption this brings upon your organization and clients.  We don't take that fact lightly.  You can expect to see an update here and via email when the appointment reminders features is working again as designed. 

Answer
Answered

FIXED UPDATE: Appointment Reminder Notifications are fixed!

The ProCare Team knows this feature is critical to your agency’s operations and to resolve this we have moved this function to another server to prevent this from happening again.  During the transition, reminders were send intermittently and now with the transition complete they are consistently being sent.  If you have further questions please send Procentive a support ticket, we are happy to serve you. 

Thank you to the staff who submitted tickets with specific examples allowing us to locate and resolve this issue.  

The ProCare Team