Answered

Digital Signature Password Change

Ben Simpson 6 year бұрын в Procentive News updated by Missy (Care Team Manager) 6 year бұрын 12

Hello Procentive community,

I am confused by the Procentive Product Update email I just received.

The email reported that if your signature password "includes a character", you will have to reset it by tomorrow. In common computer lingo, a character is any letter, number, space, punctuation mark, or symbol. So, does everyone will need to reset their password? Or did you mean something other than "character"?

In addition, forcing a password change on all/most/even some of my agencies users with hardly any warning is frightening for this IT guy. I will report back with any disruption of business operations for my agency due to this change.  

Answer

Answer

Hi Jana,

Yes the bottom line is that digital signatures CAN include special character.

Could you please send a ticket to our support desk with the details of your situation, which form and which screen would not accept the password.  Thank you.

I agree with you Ben.  Further clarification is needed on this topic.  Giving providers less than a 24 hour notice is not enough time and will disrupt business operations. 

Answered

Hi Ben,

Thanks for expressing your concern over this change. Let me offer a little clarification. We could have worded the email better, the digital signature password only needs to be changed for any non alphanumeric character or what we might more commonly refer to as a special character. So no, not every password needs to be reset. 

To reiterate, this is only for digital signing passwords not for the normal password used to login to Procentive. All users will be able to login and use  Procentive as normal. Even if their digital signing password does not work, they can always sign with their mouse. So this should not in any way disrupt the flow of business. Users who have a special character in their digital signing password will simply need to update it. If users need help remembering how to reset this password you can direct them to this link: Reset a Digital Signing Password

I hope this is helpful! Please feel free to reach out with any follow up questions and we would be happy to get those answered for you.

Best,

ProCare Team

All our staff use digital signatures (which is over 27 providers).  I would ask for additional notice for changes like this going forward. 

I see there is still some confusion so further expound on Caleb's comment:  

NOT ALL staff will need to reset their password. ONLY staff who currently use non alphanumeric character (ie: #$%^&*!) in their Digital Signature Passwords will need to reset which which they can do themselves in the Settings Module. 

Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Hi Procentive team, 

Thank you for the prompt response and clarification on special characters. 

As for possible disruption to business operations: at our agency it is company policy that all providers sign using the digital signing function. This policy was created for regulatory compliance reasons. Our agency has 76 providers (as of last month) creating and signing documents. 

I hope that most providers did not use password best practice and therefor do not have special characters in their passwords, but I am almost assured to get an increase in support tickets due to this abrupt and poorly communicated change. 

Yours,

Ben

I'm confused.  So the update is to include special characters?   I thought digital signatures have always allowed any character.  ??

Only a few users will need to reset their digital signing password.  If you see the message that you need to set up a digital password, please do so.  There was an update to recognize non-alphanumeric characters (ie: #$%^&*!) uniformly. Again, this will only affect a small number of Procentive users, we anticipate only about 1% of users will receive this message.  Thank you.  

Thank you for the response - so individual users are receiving these emails if they need to reset?

+1

When the user goes to apply their digital signature password, they may receive a message telling them they need to set up a digital password. If that happens, then have them reset their password.  If they are not getting that message, there is no need for them to reset the password.  Thank you for asking for further clarification.

ok, thanks - and the bottom line - the digital signatures CAN or CANNOT include special characters?

In testing, it appears they CAN include some special characters - for some reason it would not accept "&" at the end of my test passwords.  ?

Answer

Hi Jana,

Yes the bottom line is that digital signatures CAN include special character.

Could you please send a ticket to our support desk with the details of your situation, which form and which screen would not accept the password.  Thank you.