+2

New and Expiring ICD10 Codes Starting October 1, 2017

Ashley M vor 6 Jahren in ICD-10/DSM5 aktualisiert vor 6 Jahren 1

You may be aware that on Saturday, September 30 there are certain ICD-10 diagnoses that will expire. These expired diagnoses will be replaced by updated codes on October 1. 

Please familiarize yourself with the list of changes (below) in preparation for this change. The new ICD-10 codes have been added to the Procentive master list and can be added to your Diagnosis Module at any time.

For your convenience the full 2018 ICD-10 Table and Index (PDF, published by CMS) is available here (obtained from CMS.gov).

Each agency is responsible for adding and removing diagnoses as they deem necessary based on the services they provide. For a guide on updating your Diagnoses Module, please see this article on our Knowledge Hub.

Please be sure to update the diagnoses for clients as necessary to avoid any delays in payment. This is best achieved using Report 3701 Complete Client Diagnosis Search which reports all clients with the selected diagnosis. 

Any expired diagnoses submitted on claims for DOS 10/01/2017 and later will be rejected. For assistance with these rejections please review this new article on our Knowledge Hub. 

If you need further assistance please submit a ticket to the Procentive Support Desk.

NEW codes:

F10.11 Alcohol abuse, in remission
F10.21 Alcohol dependence, in remission
F11.11 Opioid abuse, in remission
F11.21 Opioid dependence, in remission
F12.11 Cannabis abuse, in remission
F12.21 Cannabis dependence, in remission
F13.11 Sedative, hypnotic or anxiolytic abuse, in remission
F13.21 Sedative, hypnotic or anxiolytic dependence, in remission
F14.11 Cocaine abuse, in remission
F14.21 Cocaine dependence, in remission
F15.11 Other stimulant abuse, in remission
F15.21 Other stimulant dependence, in remission
F16.11 Hallucinogen abuse, in remission
F16.21 Hallucinogen dependence, in remission
F17.201 Nicotine dependence, unspecified, in remission
F18.11 Inhalant abuse, in remission
F18.21 Inhalant dependence, in remission
F19.11 Other psychoactive substance abuse, in remission
F19.21 Other psychoactive substance dependence, in remission

Changing codes:

F50.82 (was F50.89) Avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder

F50.89 is now Other specified eating disorder

Based on user feedback we have updated this post and removed the previous list of changes, which has been replaced with a written list and link to the full ICD-10 Tabular List from CMS.

I would also like to provide some answers to common questions:

Do I just rename the existing diagnoses in the Diagnoses Module?

No. In the Diagnoses Module click the Add button to add each new diagnosis as you see fit. The names are provided from our master list but all diagnoses can be re-named as desired.

If I make a diagnosis inactive, what will happen to clients with that diagnosis?

Nothing. You can still bill for diagnoses that have been made inactive (from the Diagnoses Module). This is why we strongly suggest making any expired diagnoses inactive so they can no longer be selected for clients.

How do I know which clients needs their diagnoses updated?

We suggest using Report 3701 to see which clients have a specific diagnosis (e.g. F50.89 which may need to be changed to F50.82). Once you have a list of clients it will need to be determined on an individual basis if a client's diagnosis should be changed. 

If I'm updating a client's diagnosis, do I delete the old one?

No. In the Clients Module > Diagnosis Tab you will input the date of 09/30/2017 in the "Expires" column for the diagnosis being updated. Once this is done, add the updated diagnosis on a new line with a diagnosis date of 10/01/2017. This will help prevent billing with incorrect diagnoses. 

Do I have to update the diagnoses?

No. Each agency must determine if these changes should be made in accordance with their policies and the services they provide. Not updating the diagnoses may cause claim denials, which is why we suggest making sure all diagnoses are up-to-date.

You said there are expiring diagnoses, but I don't see any. Why?

The only "expiring" diagnosis is F50.89. This diagnosis is no longer to be used for avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder - there is now a new diagnosis of F50.82 which is to be used for avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder.

How do I make these changes in Procentive?

For a guide on updating the Diagnoses Module, please visit our Knowledge Hub.

If you need additional support, please submit a ticket to the Procentive Support Desk. 

Thank you! We appreciate your feedback.