In-Patient PMAP

jmorales 8 years ago in User Group Help 0

Who is responsible for contacting the PMAP's when a child is coming into residential treatment? Back when Ucare was around, which they still kind of are, they told me that it was the county social workers responsibility to contact the PMAP and let them know that they are planning to place with us. The clinicians here then keep up with the clinical reviews following placement. BCBS says that it is usually the facility that will make the contact. I need a straight across answer to give to social workers because I have some giving a push back and not wanting to do it. I am guessing because the hold time with BCBS is 1-2 hours. Thoughts? Please