Location of the Providing Therapist

Paula 11 months ago in Telehealth updated 11 months ago 6

Question?  I heard that therapists are no longer able to provide Telehealth, out of their home offices.  That they must return to the clinic address (location that is contracted with the insurance company)?  I cannot seem to find any information on this?  Is this a Federal mandate, a State mandate, a Licensing Board Mandate or just a clinic decision?  Do you know anything about this?

I know there is plenty of information on the Place/Location of the client, but I am specifically asking about the location/place of the actual provider?

We've reached out to several of our insurance companies and all of them are fine with the therapist still being in their homes except TriCare.  TriCare has stated they have to be located in the building to which they are credentialed under. 

Thank you "ahuseby" for your reply.  Would you mind listing the insurance companies that you have checked with recently?  I can check with the ones that you do not list. With Appreciation!

Sure - these are the ones that will allow therapist to be at home:

Aetna

First Health

BCBS MN/Blue Plus

BCBS ND/BCBS MA Expansion

Health Partners

Cigna/Evernorth

Humana

Medicare

MN MA

ND MA

Optum

Preferred One

Sanford

UCare

Not allowed for therapist to be at home any longer:

TriCare

Hi "ahuseby"  Thank you so much! You were very thorough. This is very helpful. One more question:  Approximately, what date did you make the calls?

These were via email (so that we have proof) and done in mid April and early May 2023.

That is AMAZING, that you got it in writing!  

Thank you again for all of your hard work!