adding a nurse practicioner to Residental Treatment

Mary Lou Meyer-Rolfe 2 years ago in Billing/Electronic Modules updated by Jenna 2 years ago 1

In the near future, we are hoping to add a Nurse Practioner to our facility, we are Residential Treatment for Adolescents Co-occuring.

  Our biggest hurdles are: 

1. how do we bill for her services,   Rev code, procedure code, etc.

2. Do we need to be credentialed by the insurance companies to add this service for billing?

3. We bill UB-04 can we bill for her services on a UB or do we need to use the 1400/1500

Hello!  Below is what we do/ had todo 

1. Our NP primarily bills CPT coding for evaluation and management 99212, 99213, 99214, 99215 we do not do new patient coding cause it kicks back if we have already billed in some capacity for other codes at our facility. 

2. The NP needs to be credentialed and you as a facility would need to ament your contracts to add on professional billing codes. 

3. You do bill on a 1500 form yes. When you set up your codes you would put your settings to generate 1500 versus UBO4 coding