CLIA UA testing reimbursement MNMA?

Teri 3 years ago in Codes/Rates/Diagnosis Modules updated by Heather L. Heim 2 years ago 3

Does anyone out there know how to submit CLIA UAs for MNMA clients? 

I am told that because we are not a lab, we cannot submit UAs to them. 

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, who do I submit to? 

We are not a lab but we do perform UA quick dips and cups. We are only getting reimbursed by a few MCOs.

Thanks for your help, Teri

You have to enroll as an independent lab, which you can if you have the CLIA certificate.  I'm currently going through this process for my facility.  We're not a lab either - but the service being billed IS a lab service, which is why you need to do the enrollment as a lab.

Do you know if we do this enrollment with MNMA just like any other enrollment?

Thank you so much Heather

So sorry, I never checked back in to see this question Teri.  You can do the enrollment on the MPSE portal.