denial software

sadie twite 5 years ago in Accounting/Collections Modules updated by KatieW 5 years ago 2

Is anyone else using a separate software to track and work denials? If so, what are you using and how do you like it?

If you are solely working denials within Procentive, are you tracking these on a spreadsheet, running a report?

I run the 1010 Billed Items Report, Sort out any paid items and payer and then pull a Pivot by Client or whatever parameter I am working from.  Currently I work Client by Client adding in a if statement to age report.

Its not the best system but it has been working for me.  I would love to see how others are doing this as well...

Every time we receive a denial I put it on a spreadsheet and make a note in the client account. The spreadsheet helps the financial staff keep track of what has been denied and the progress of the appeals all in one place while the note in the account is available for admin staff or the clinician if there is a question by the client. Once in a while we go through the Collections Module aging and see if there are any older ones that need to be put on the spreadsheet for follow-up.

This is rather cumbersome especially because there are 2 or 3 of us who often need into the spreadsheet at the same time. I know you can add a note to each line in the client's payments screen but is there a way to get those notes to print on a report of unpaid lines? Or is there a way to mark the collections module showing that you've worked a particular claim on a certain date and what the result was?

I'm open to suggestions!