+3

Forms with checkboxes when faxed may not be readable

Jana 3 years ago in e-Faxing updated by Chris Werner 3 years ago 9

Good morning, 

We got word from another agency that an ROI we faxed to them was blank.  Print view in our system is normal - this is apparently only an issue when the form is faxed from the record.  Procentive says the way to remedy this is to save the form to our desktop and then attach that to the fax when sending....  I asked if this is the case for ALL clinical-charting forms and they said any forms with checkboxes may have the same issue.  So for every fax we are sending out with clinical forms (I'd say most if not all our clinical (and billing) forms have checkboxes) we will now have to save the records outside Procentive first, then fax.  They said if they get enough reports about this issue, that may move it up the priority list so I'm posting here as a heads-up that you may be sending forms where the recipient is not seeing all the accurate information (the recipient/reader would not know that an unchecked checkbox is actually checked in our client record so we may actually be sending false information;  if the checkbox question is "are there any safety concerns for this client" and it is showing as unchecked when it's actually checked in our record, that could be a big deal...). 

Super important for Procentive to "fix" this ASAP.

We put in a help desk ticket about this months ago and were told the same thing. We need this fixed immediately. One of the whole purposes of having integrated faxing was to reduce man hours needed to download and manually fax things, not to mention the critical importance of having accurate information being sent out.  Every single one of our forms contains check boxes of some kind.

We don't use the fax module, but from a security standpoint, saving it out on your desktop is not a best practice!

I tested this morning and it appears this may be fixed, but I would like Procentive to confirm.  If it's fixed I don't need to alert our staff about the new requirements (which I would rather not do).

I just tested this and seems to be working fine for us.

Following. I also would prefer to know if it is fixed or if I need to alert our records person.

Jana,

If you hear from Procentive confirming this is fixed, please let us know if possible!  We have been using another digital fax service, but are planning on using Procentive's fax as well for simplicity so we don't have to save files locally and save a few steps.  If blank forms or forms with omitted data is an issue, then we won't really be pursuing this feature at this time.

I sure will.  Actually surprised they have not chimed in yet.

Hello All!

This is something we are looking at and ensuring that it is working properly.  We do realize this could be a patient safety concern and this is a high priority for us.  I will post an update when we are certain majority of forms are working properly w/i the Faxing module.  Please let us know in a ticket, if you are seeing this occur, as we progress with the fix.

Thank you for notifying us of the issue!