Wrong Payer adjustment

KELLY PERFETTI 5 years ago in Billing/Electronic Modules updated by Mark Cornell 5 years ago 3

Is there a way to clean up an account if you happen to bill the wrong insurance to get rid of that line and only have the correct insurance line. I find that when I run the 1010 report and it shows the Amount column that I have to subtract the Wrong Payer adjustments to get the correct amount billed out. Anyone else have this issue or know of a way to get rid of the incorrect payer line other than adjusting it off.

What we do is click new on the amount> create new> then I will put in has a PMAP (for example) >save> wrong payer. Then I que up the correct payer. This will make the incorrect payer go away

If you go in to the client file and click on the payments link then you can go to the incorrect payer and change the balance to 0.  this should remove the invoice alltogether

Yes we do that now but it still keeps it in the Amount column so you truley don't have the correct amount billed because you are adjusting the incorrect one off with Wrong insurance.  I am looking to see if there is a way to delete that line that has the wrong payer listed so that I don't have to keep subtracting that number off of the Amount billed column