+2

creating family client portal account

fkellen 4 years ago in Client Portal updated by Rochelle Garcia 4 years ago 10

Is there a way to create a family portal account.  Our agency at times serve several family members.  We would like to avoid have a parent sign up for multiple portal accounts when they are in charge of signing documents for all the kids.  Is this possible?

Answer

Answer

To clarify, if Parent has an account does the child need an account or can all the paper work be sent directly to that parent?

For example:

Family A: 1 parent and 3 kids

Parent email can receive all 3 kids information through the parents one email account?

The 3 kids need an account set up, but the parent would not have to login to any of their accounts to sign documents?

+1

Looking for advice on something similar.  Im wondering if you have a client that lives between 2 parents, is there a way that each "client representative" has their own account.  Are there any settings that would allow the client representative only see what we allow and not just what is defaulted? We dont want one parent to see the other parent's information.  What would be the best way to handle this?

Thank you for your questions regarding Client Portal. Currently, parents and client guardians will need to maintain unique Portal accounts for each child or family member they represent.

There is no option to hide specific documents from a client representative in Client Portal. If one client representative can view it, all client representatives set up for that client can view it. In this situation, I suggest turning off the document in the Client Portal Manager module for representatives for that client. Procentive's kiosk option could then be used to email the document to a specific client representative.

Answer

To clarify, if Parent has an account does the child need an account or can all the paper work be sent directly to that parent?

For example:

Family A: 1 parent and 3 kids

Parent email can receive all 3 kids information through the parents one email account?

The 3 kids need an account set up, but the parent would not have to login to any of their accounts to sign documents?

Not at this time. Each child's account can be set up using the same email address, but a unique login password is needed for each child account.  In order to switch between child accounts, the parent will need to log out of one child's Portal account and then log into the other child's account.  If the parent is also a client, they would have their own Portal account as well, but they cannot access their children's accounts through it.  I hope I have answered your question.

So to be sure I understand, they can use the same email but each child account would have to have a different password?

Keeping the username/password combo unique?

Is that correct?

Yes they can use the same email address.  I'm sorry my previous answer was still a bit muddled.  When the parent is invited to a child's Portal account, they will need to pick a unique username AND password for that account. 

This does mean that when a parent receives an email notification, they will have to log into each account to determine which child's account the notification is regarding.

Providing the visibility to multiple accounts for a single client guardian through a single login is an enhancement we hope to implement in our Portal in the future.

Can client representatives sign documents? 

Do representatives need separate accounts for each child or will they be able to have just one account as a representative?

Representatives need an account for each child.  The username on each account needs to be unique for each when it is set up.  

If your documents allow for a representative to sign a client's document on their behalf, then yes.  Other forum members may offer better advice regarding the signing of client documents by representatives.  Also, please review the requirements under your current licensing for direction on this.

We have a lot of families with multiple family members being seen at our clinic, and have quite a few issues with the portal in those cases. Even though they make separate accounts for each person, it seems to be a little glitchy when they try to switch between accounts - it will tell them they're still logged in, even when they're not. We've been telling people to try logging in on a different device/browser/clearing internet history/etc, but it's an ongoing thing for the families with multiple accounts. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Thanks!

+1

We have that same issue.  We are now considering an alternative option to get our forms signed. Id love to hear if any other providers have a solution.